Search engine optimization or SEO has become one of the most important components of Internet marketing strategies. It is a tool that enhances the process of increasing the quality and quantity of web traffic improving and provides organic search results. The normal trend is that the higher a website is ranked on the search result page, the more traffic it will get. SEO services can vary from website to website depending on the requirement but is used on website headings, in text or body copy, design and even on images.
There are many people who have a website that displays some of the best products, has some well written content and offer great service and yet these sites don’t receive even half the desired traffic. This is simply because they didn’t understand the importance of SEO nor did they realize its potential in driving the targeted traffic. Great products, excellent services and a site that is very well written. To enhance your website, you will require the services of a SEO consultant or an SEO copywriter who knows his/her job very well.
A SEO copywriter will add more depth to your existing website copy by adding singular or plural keywords, synonyms and keyword phrases. Now that you have understood the common practices, let us take a look at the two broad categories of SEO services. They are:
- On-Page Optimization
- Off-Page Optimization
On-page optimization SEO services :
- Well researched keywords
- Correct use of Meta tags
- Keyword density optimization
On-page optimization is the most commonly applied category within the SEO services and it focuses on two elements namely, your webpage content and the website structure or architecture. The key element is your web page content and you need to take special care while writing the content. Your web page content has to be relevant and in sync with the product or services you are selling or promoting. The best way to get your website on the top of the page ranking is by using various SEO techniques. Effective use of SEO techniques can actually bring results within a short period of time.Off-Page Optimization SEO services:
- Increasing link exchange/link building/ link popularity: You can exchange your website links with another website and thus gain mileage without spending money. You can even display your link on various article directories
- Using keyword rich anchor text
- Submission to article directory: This is a cost free method of gaining mileage or promoting your website. There are hundreds of article directories available today for submission purposes. Most of them won’t charge you anything but there are a few who would charge you a membership fee. You can do this yourself but a well optimized article will increase your relevancy thus its effectiveness.
SEO services or SEO techniques are based on certain common practices and these include:
- Well researched keywords: SEO services are actually aimed at getting your site a higher rank in all search engines. To get the higher ranking, your website content needs to be keyword rich and hence you need to select the right keywords. This research for the right keywords or keyword phrase is an integral part of the entire search engine optimization process. The keyword phrase research is a process of selecting those keyword phrases, which are optimized and will help visitors to find your website. The important thing is to follow the right approach to find these keywords. If you are selling camping tents, then your keyword needs to be associated with the product and the activity for which it is used.
- Heading of the web page: The heading is the most important part of any web page as it always catches the eye due to its positioning. Hence, you can always use catchy copy or tag lines to draw attention or create curiosity. Hence to create a higher visibility, you can use a primary keyword in the heading. There are two types of keywords: primary and secondary. Let’s take an example: If you are offering web design, then your primary keyword will be web site design, graphic design, banner design etc. The search engines always give higher priority to the primary keyword or the keyword used in the heading. One more thing to remember is the length of text in single page. The ideal word limit is 500 because this helps to understand the keyword relevance. Not all the search engines will read through the entire page hence, try to keep the primary keywords in the beginning.
- Meta tags: Meta tags, one of the SEO services, can’t really be seen like the text. It is normally embedded in the code or the html. Meta tags help in letting the search engine crawler’s index your website in an accurate manner. There are different types of Meta tags like the title tags, Meta description tags, Meta keyword tags and body tags.
What to avoid from a SEO company: Make sure that the SEO firm you hire does not practice black hat techniques that can get your site banned completely from the search engine… why would they do that? To get you the unrealistic goals they set and once they have “fulfilled” their end of the contract they leave you hanging with a banned site.